Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
New System Update

13384 Views 33 Replies Latest reply: 2016-07-11 10:22:03

•   Level 9   
    (3413) points
    Support02
    2016-02-02 09:27:33
    Recently, we have released new OS version V3.02.06 with system program V2.05. For this new system updating, we would like to make something clear here:

Updating Procedure:

After finished the system updating in Maxisys-Update page, open Maxisys/Diagnostic app, keep the tool to connect internet for several minutes to get authorization. After finished the initialization process, this tool can be used normally.

If get authorization failed, customer will get the wrong messages “Authorization check failed! Error code: 1-7”, please make sure select the right language and re-download the software again.

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman

2016-02-02 18:04:39 (Reply to:Support02)

support what is in this update are there any improvements...

•   Level 9   
    (5837) points
    Ashraf

2016-02-03 09:32:49 (Reply to:Support02)

I have updated it but did not see any massage like this.................

•   Level 1   
    (3) points
    CR Motor Engineers

2016-02-03 17:03:14 (Reply to:Support02)

Hi I did the update yesterday and didn't get any prompt to leave system on and have
    error code coming up and unable to use system. I cannot download or reinstall update
    can you fix it asap, these instructions should be in the update screen not buried here
    Cheers colin

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman

2016-02-03 19:47:06 (Reply to:CR Motor Engineers)

you will be lucky to get a reply Colin they have done their usual stupid trick of roll out an update then pack up on holiday for two weeks you couldn't make it up priceless.....

im guessing your in the UK if so call autel UK and speak to martin  if he is about he as useful as your going to get this side of them returning from holiday.

•   Level 2   
    (24) points
    CoSypha

2016-02-04 06:59:33

Hello all,

I been trolling the forums for sometime now and wondering if anyone has done the latest update? I have not updated in a very long time but my subscription is almost up next month, I am on the fence on updating my unit. I flip vehicles and use this to get them on the road again but its a hobby. I don't want to loose majority of the functionality that I can't revert back to if I need the tool. I do mostly older cars being sold, no dealer stuff but still I am at a crossroad between just doing it or not. I haven't been the happiest with some things, Jeep, Ford, etc and feel like my money wasn't spent in the best place with this because it never felt like a complete tool from day one. I tried a Jeep Commander and had several failures and the main thing I wanted to do was program the key FOB which said it did it when I bought it and now no longer supported. Whats the verdict out there, how are the latest updates going for you all. I read a lot on the forum and I see peoples mistakes fixed by other users posts but overall is the update worth the hassle to be stuck with or just leave as is. Thanks.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2016-02-04 15:17:58 (Reply to:CoSypha)

I wouldn't want to risk doing any major system or manufacturer software updating if I was less than 30 days from my sub expiring, unless you figure out how to make working backup of your older software versions.
      I think the likely scenario is  at any given time one or two major manufacturer's software version is going to be in the Crapper at any given time as the company is likely struggling and  juggling court date appearances to show magistrates they are in compliance for cease and desist issues with OE software infringement, then 6 months later after the legal winds subside sneak back some of the removed capabilities with some new model year coverage and call it a new update.
      I really do think they could even make the older slower  DS 708 software still give you as much coding functionality  as  Maxisys but they toned down it's  software capability after Ford Lawsuit , and then the  MaxiSys Pro debuted and briefly shined with promise of multi manufacturer J2534 programming right off Autel's server , but most was quickly pulled as legal problems with OE manufacturers developed.
      They could very well give us comprehensive  problem free software for all the makes, but it would compound Autel's legal problems with OE manufacturers and there would be little incentive for most  to update for at least several years or more till you see newr cars if none of the software needed a major fix to at least one manufacture at one given time. ROFLMAO

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman

2016-02-04 18:41:12 (Reply to:CoSypha)

don't risk it like witsend says once you update a lot of the old stuff goes with it what date was your last update...

•   Level 2   
    (24) points
    CoSypha

2016-02-04 19:06:16 (Reply to:busaman)

It was sometime ago, I will check when I get home but I know it hasn't got the System optimization update or the new VCI firmware, so it is well before that. That was also my concern, I backed up stuff but I don't want the system update to have irreversible changes to were I can't go back to latter.

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman

2016-02-04 22:42:08 (Reply to:CoSypha)

once you do the update there is no way back if in doubt DONT...

and as you do older cars keep what you have..
  Total4 Pages